Complete Student Survey & Win $25.00
students are urged to take five minutes to complete a survey for the college to learn your experiences this semester with the goal to improve your social and learning experience next semester, both remote and in person.
students who complete this survey will be eligible to win one of twelve $25.00 gift cards #pfbymsaf.keep readingstudent announcements >>
mandatory student exit test scheduling
as required by suny chancellor malatras, purchase has implemented the following exit testing policy for those students leaving campus and traveling home. it requires students to have a negative test before they leave campus. this requirement is in place to prevent the spread of the virus to students’ home communities.
non-compliance may result in an administrative action, including denial of campus housing in the spring 2021 semester. please read the policy carefully to plan ahead and ensure you are compliant with the mandatory testing.
mandatory testing of students
the following student populations must receive a pcr covid-19 test within 10-days prior to the end of on-campus instruction and services on wednesday, november 25.
- residential students
- residential students will not be allowed to leave campus until a negative test is received by the student health services office.
- should a test come back positive, the student will not be able to leave campus until they are cleared by the department of health. they would be placed in isolation on campus unless the doh determines they can travel home safely.
- commuter students who attend in person classes and reside in off-campus housing during the semester but expect to travel to another residence during the break.
- commuter students who work on campus and reside in off-campus housing during the semester but expect to travel to another residence during the break.
the following students may be exempt from the mandatory testing:
- non-residential students not taking any classes on campus—i.e. fully remote students.
- students providing documentation to the campus of a previous positive covid-19 diagnostic result within the last 90 days.
- students approved to remain on campus after 11/25/2020. students remaining must continue to comply with bi-weekly pooled testing.
student exit test scheduling
exit testing will be available for students in the lobby of campus center south or the student services building the following days and times:
monday 11/16/2020 1pm-4pm
tuesday 11/17/2020 1pm-4pm
wednesday 11/18/2020 1pm-4pm
students unable to attend scheduled on-campus testing may provide documentation to the campus of an off-campus pcr covid-19 diagnostic result within the 10-day period prior to fall closing. rapid tests will not be accepted as they are less reliable.
students will be required to test as close to their departure date as possible, incorporating the time necessary to receive a test result.
thank you for doing your part in keeping not only the purchase community safe, but also the surrounding communities as well as the families and loved ones of our students.
patricia bice, ed.d.keep readingstudent announcements >>
interim vice president for student affairs
purchase college, suny
- residential students
virtual office hours
food pantry - fall appointments
the purchase college food pantry is now open and is committed to ensuring that the pantry remains available to food insecure students who are on campus, but in a way that preserves the safety of both students and staff. to this end, the food pantry will now be accessible by appointment only.keep readingstudent announcements >>
Health & Wellness
counseling center services
the counseling center is open and responding to both email firstname.lastname@example.org and phone messages. please call us at (914) 251-6390 if you would like to speak with a therapist about remote services. check out our counseling home page info, links, referrals for self-help and more coping resources during covid response times. we offer therapy assisted online for all students at no cost. tao offers web-based, interactive self-help sessions for a therapy break you can use anytime, anywhere.keep reading announcement»
as of fall 2020, student projects (senior projects, capstone papers, and master’s theses) will no longer be submitted to the library via moodle. all student projects will now be submitted in myheliotrope.
we’re adding more contactless pickup days in november! additional pickup days will be on wednesdays, november 4,11, and 18, 10am-2pm.
take advantage of the the assortment of free resources or “freesources” available to you as a member of the purchase community.
each freesource featured on this page is designed to improve your experience at purchase and guide you to long-term success.
check out this week’s freesources on “study group tips.”